September 10th is the Corn Roast:
As provided from Tom VE6ARG and Tom’s Notes every year Renze and Annetta VE6DC put on a corn roast and mini tailgate swap meet at their property in Cranford AB. Cranford is about 20 Km east of Coaldale along Hwy 3. Here are the instructions to get there:
- 1. Go east from Lethbridge on Hwy 3 to Range Rd 181
- 2. Turn right and immediately left at the big black tank along the gravel road
- 3. Turn right at the next corner and you are there
- 4. You can easily tell that you are at Renze and Annetta’s place because there are antennas all over the place
- 5. As he has said in the past it is easy to determine what his hobby is
- 6. Enjoy the Corn Roast
This annual event is a highlight to the summer season and always proves to be a ton of fun for everyone that attends. Not only is the food fabulous, with lots of fresh Taber Corn, but so too is the ability to sort through the stuff that others are moving along to others for a reasonable price. Some great bargains have been had at this event and it’s not one to miss.
Renze needs numbers so that enough food is available for everyone. If you plan to attend send a note to email@example.com letting him know.
Getting to rub shoulders with some of the most famous (and infamous) hams and having an eyeball QSO promises something for everyone. So mark your calendars, September 10th, 2022 from 17:00 to 20:00 is the time and we will look forward to seeing your all there. Remember it is open to everyone, hams, families, newbies, old timers and friends. Come join us for the annual corn roast and have a great experience fit for a king (or queen).